How we can help our neighbors affected by Hurricane Harvey
partnering with the austin disaster relief network
We can help meet the needs of survivors impacted by Hurricane Harvey today, tomorrow, and in the weeks to come. The Austin Disaster Relief Network (ADRN) launched into action in Rockport as soon as the storm moved through. Volunteers teams will continue to deploy to affected areas in Texas, coordinating with Red Cross of Central Texas to provide shelter staffing and meet immediate and long-term needs of those affected. See below for how you can help!
Austin churches uniting to help Port Arthur for ONE DAY
Saturday, Sept 30! 4:00 am – 11:15 pm
Will you be a part of the 1,000+ we hope will go?
Only God could orchestrate such a magnificent thing, a whole Church in a city serving alongside of the whole Church in another city! It is short notice, but we serve a God whose works are wondrous!
Please sign up as soon as possible to obtain shirt and seat on bus (cut off is Tuesday)
Who can come?
The whole Church ages 15 and up (not just those trained by Austin Disaster Relief Network). Also, please PRAY that God bring workers for this harvest, and be glorified in the efforts of His servants!
- Population is 55,000+
- They estimate 80% of the community has been affected
- An apt with 1,000 people is closing down (due to mold), shelters have closed and they estimate up to 3,000 could soon be without a place to stay
- 500+ have started to live in tent cities (in the parking lot of the Civic Center)
- Many have limited income
- The Mayor is looking for answers and outside support is limited
- The Mayor and local pastors have personally extended an invitation to us
A Report from the ADRN Director, in Port Arthur (at the tent city)
DONATE FINANCIAL SUPPORT
ADRN needs funds to provide emergency housing and transportation, gift cards, and building materials to meet immediate and long-term needs. Go to the ADRN online giving site and make a donation to the "Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund."
DONATE MATERIAL GOODS
The ARDN Hope Family Thrift Store at 1122 E 51st Street is open to collect donations Monday-Saturday, 10 AM - 5 PM. Items needed include:
- New undergarments (all sizes, children and adult)
- New socks (all sizes, children and adult)
- Toiletries (shampoo, facewash, soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc.)
- New bed pillows and new blankets
- Cleanup supplies and trash bags
- Mops and buckets
- Utility knives and leather work gloves
- Inflatable mattresses
- Hand sanitizer
- Box fans
- CLOTHING IS NOT NEEDED AT THIS TIME
For additional information, visit the ADRN website.