How we can help our neighbors affected by Hurricane Harvey
partnering with the austin disaster relief network
We can help meet the needs of survivors impacted by Hurricane Harvey today, tomorrow, and in the weeks to come. The Austin Disaster Relief Network (ADRN) launched into action in Rockport as soon as the storm moved through. Volunteers teams will continue to deploy to affected areas in Texas, coordinating with Red Cross of Central Texas to provide shelter staffing and meet immediate and long-term needs of those affected.
Here's how you can help:
DONATE FINANCIAL SUPPORT
ADRN needs funds to provide emergency housing and transportation, gift cards, and building materials to meet immediate and long-term needs. Go to the ADRN online giving site and make a donation to the "Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund."
DONATE MATERIAL GOODS
The ARDN Hope Family Thrift Store at 1122 E 51st Street is open to collect donations Monday-Saturday, 10 AM - 5 PM. Items needed include:
- New undergarments (all sizes, children and adult)
- New socks (all sizes, children and adult)
- Toiletries (shampoo, facewash, soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc.)
- New bed pillows and new blankets
- Cleanup supplies and trash bags
- Mops and buckets
- Utility knives and leather work gloves
- Inflatable mattresses
- Hand sanitizer
- Box fans
- CLOTHING IS NOT NEEDED AT THIS TIME
For additional information, visit the ADRN website.